In light of the divisiveness and fear gripping American communities, particularly people of color, women, and LGBTQ people, the values and code of ethics that the Burlesque Hall of Fame strives to operate under and towards matter now more than ever.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame and its trustees, director, and staff and volunteers, set forth and adhere to a Code of Ethics by which the museum will pursue its mission and conduct itself in the best interest of its constituencies, its collection, and the public trust which we serve. In subscribing to this Code of Ethics, the museum assumes responsibility for the behavior of its trustees, director, and staff and volunteers in the performance of their museum-related duties. All individuals acting on the museum’s behalf are committed to acting in a professional manner in accordance with the museum’s goals to serve the public trust and protect the heritage with which we have been entrusted by our constituents.
The Burlesque Hall of Fame is committed to operating with integrity, openness, compassion, and respect. As such:
- We provide all visitors with a warm and welcoming environment in which to learn, experience, and create.
- We view our collection as a legacy for the future and strive to maintain its integrity through appropriate conservation and thoughtful acquisition.
- We will operate and be governed to the highest attainable standards of transparency, accountability, and professionalism.
- We are committed to fair and just treatment of all people, regardless of their race, creed, nationality, degree of bodily ability, age, appearance, sex, gender, orientation, or socioeconomic status.
- We serve our community and welcome the active participation of its members.
The governance of the museum is both a privilege and a responsibility. All persons charged with responsibility in setting policy, managing the organization’s financial activities, creating and executing programming, and any other aspect of the operation and long-term administration of the Burlesque Hall of Fame shall be committed to discharging their duties with professionalism, efficiency, and in a timely manner. The Burlesque Hall of Fame serves the public trust and will do all in its power to operate in a transparent fashion.
We invite you to view our full Values Statement and Code of Ethics on our Core Documents: https://burlesquehall.com/about/core-documents/