BHoF is hiring a part-time museum assistant. The museum assistant’s primary responsibility is to staff the museum space: greeting and admitting visitors, selling merchandise, giving tours, and helping to keep the museum welcoming and tidy. Other responsibilities will be added depending on your talents and interests. We do a ton of training so don’t worry if you don’t know the history yet – you will!
The position will be for 18-22 hours a week (with very occasional longer hours). Schedule is flexible but we will require shifts on Sunday (11:30-5) and preferably Saturday. Starting pay is $13.50/hr.
BHoF is committed to the principle that “All bodies are burlesque bodies” and likewise, “All bodies are Burlesque Hall of Fame bodies.” We strongly encourage people of any and all racial or ethnic backgrounds, age, disability, gender expression, sexual orientation, or national origin to apply.
– Able to speak comfortably and personably with guests for up to 45 minutes at a time
– Able to work on a variety of tasks without close supervision
– Comfortable with burlesque as a topic and working with material that may be adult in nature
– Able to learn and accurately recall a large amount of factual information
– Basic money handling and computer skills
– 18 or older
– Local to Las Vegas
(None of the below are required but would be nice to have and are things we can build future roles on)
– AA or higher degree in history, museum studies, anthropology, art history, women’s studies, or related field
– Knowledge of or interest in burlesque and burlesque history- Research skills, particularly historical and social research
– Strong computer skills, particularly with graphic design software, WordPress, advanced word processing/spreadsheet skills, video, and/or social media
– Fundraising experience or interest in learning
– Museum/Nonprofit experience
– Bilingual Spanish-English
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and/or a cover letter highlighting your relevant background and skills. We’re hoping to fill this position quickly so please apply as soon as you can.
We look forward to hearing from you!